We pulled together some interesting statistics about internet usage with far-reaching implications for dental website design and web development.
1) In the last 4 years, the web has gone from 100 million websites to 250 million. (Source: Netcraft, Dec 2010)
2) 75.5% of the US population uses the internet. (Source: eMarketer, January 2011)
4) 67% of consumers researched online prior to purchase during the holiday season. (Source: Post Holiday Learnings for 2011 Google/OTX, Jan 2011)
5) In 2011, the average shopper consults 10.4 sources prior to purchase, twice as many as a year ago. (Source: Google/Shopper Sciences, Zero Moment of Truth Macro Study, U.S., Apr 2011)
6) Nearly 50% of US internet users will redeem an online coupon this year. (Source: eMarketer, May 2011)
7) Online advertising spending is shooting upward, passing the $30 billion mark in 2011 and approaching $50 billion in 2015. (Source: eMarketer, June 2011)
By 2015, we expect that 50% of all display ads will be rich media ads. (Source: Google, Watch This Space, 2011)
Author: Janet Thompson, www.dentist-websolutions.com
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at www.dentist-websolutions.com today!
Read more →